sâmbătă, 2 aprilie 2011

The Amazing Spider-Man will not be a reboot

According to Executive Producer Avi Arad, the upcoming 'The Amazing Spider-Man'(which is due to hit theaters July 2012) won't 'entirely be a reboot' of the franchise.The film which features new cast, director and even "webshooters" won't erease what came before but instead will be a sort of 'side story'.He said the following

"It’s not a comeback.You have to look at it this way: Do you want to know more about Spider-Man? This movie is going to tell stories that you didn’t see in movies 1, 2, and 3.”

Even though some events are "altered" by having Peter have mechanical webshooters instead of organical ones( like in the previous films) and having the Lizard as a villain I think it still can be an enjoyable movie, but know hearing that it won't restart the franchise at all, I have even higher hopes for it.Also rumors say that besides the Lizard we will have another minor-villain in the movie, the Proto-Goblin ; have to be honest, I never heard of him before and I'm a big comic book fan myself so I'm curious how will this play out.

The movie will star Andrew Garfield(The Social Network) as Peter Parker ; Emma Stone(Easy A) as Gwen Stacy ; Rhys Ifans as Dr.Curt Connors/The Lizard ; Marty Sheen and Sally Field as Ben & May Parker and Irrfan Khan as Van Atter/Proto-Goblin.

The Lizard
Proto-Goblin
My thought?Well I have some hope for the movie, well much more now that knowing that the movie will take place within the framework of previous ones so we can still call the emo Peter ( xD ) and other interesting stuff cannon but still bugs me for some reason that Mary Jane isn't in the movie.I mean producers said that the film will take place during Peter's High School Years.I'm also curious to see how the Lizard will look like onscreen and with special effects and to know more about this Proto-Goblin dude.I think that the movie won't present again the "spider bit me and I became Spidey" part but will open with Peter already being Spider-Man and will have a side story as mentioned before. Peter attends the same school with Gwen where Dr.Curt Connors is their teacher and after a failed experiment to restore his missing arm, he transforms into the Lizard causing havok in the city so Spidey must stop him.Also I'm interested to know if Harry Osborn will be in the movie or not.If yes, than maybe he will ally himself with Van Atter and test firstly on him the goblin serum to see what will happen and if it works than that would be the reason he takes the serum himself too in the Spider-Man 3 movie.And to make things a bit more 'twisty' and interesting maybe that's why the studio decided to use mechanical webshooters instead of the old organical one.

The movie will hit theaters July 3, 2012.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu